Sunday, January 16, 2011
3-4 thick slices of bacon
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
2 slices pain de campagne (rustic country loaf), toasted
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
4 slices tomato
2 leaves butter lettuce
1 teaspoon butter
1. Cook the bacon until crisp drain on paper towels and set aside .
2. Place the slices of cheese on one slice of the toasted bread and place in a toaster oven or under a broiler to melt the cheese.
3. Spread the other slice of toast with the mayonnaise top with cooked bacon, the sliced tomato and the lettuce.
4. In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Fry the egg, turning over briefly when the bottom is set (keep the yoke runny)
5. Slide the finished egg on top of the lettuce top with the other slice of toast, melted cheese side down.
Place the sandwich on a plate and slice in half, letting the yoke run down the sandwich